Wednesday, 4 November 2009
Executive Job Seekers' Biggest Mistakes
With the UK economy showing little sign of emerging from recession in 2009 the job market is still tough going especially for high earning executives as companies are becoming increasingly selective when making executive level hires and the interview process becomes ever more intense and prolonged.
When we recently helped a senior IT professional back into the work place we found that an article posted on Forbes.com proved a real help
The main points highlighted in this article are extremely helpful and should be adopted when conducting your job search whether you are embarking on your first role since leaving university or seasoned campaigner within your industry sector.
For reference keep these points in mind when conducting your job search:
1. Candidates are poorly prepared, ensure thorough interview preparation
2. Ensure your CV is well constructed, develop a strong brand identity and USP
3. Don’t not appear desperate
4. Keep answers to questions concise and to the point
5. Pay attention to information covered in the interview, try not to keep going over “old ground”
6. Don’t apply for roles you are over qualified for
7. Follow up interviews with a thank you email and letter
For more helpful information to help you succeed in your job search then visit
Talent Emporium provides transparent, low cost flat fee and fixed price recruitment solutions enabling companies to make multiple hires for the same role from a 4 week recruitment campaign. With our entry level recruitment solution starting at just £500+VAT we are guaranteed to slash you recruitment costs by thousands, the first time you use us.